Sunday, October 12, 2003

did she really say fuck it?

did ms. hill really say fuck it or are "we" the fans just holding limitations and expectations over her head, just as we've down to countless others.



could lauryn's need for change or attaining a certain spiritual growth become grounds for saying "she's lost it" or "she's a has been in the business." one thing for sure is after reading Toure's article on Lauryn Hill I can honestly say that I gained no more insight on her than I already had. I'm really appauled at the way this article was contrived. No real basis to go on, only speculation from past friends and associates. Not one real interview with Lauryn. Then it goes on to even more speculation about her relationship with Rohan Marley and Wyclef Jean.

i've veiwed many different sites and i've seen many different emotions displayed regarding the interview. how one could actually call that article a "great read" beats me. I guess if you only invest in reading Sister 2 Sister or any tabloid yeah I can see why you thought that was the bomb. I do believe all the hoopla is moreso about the writer than the actual factuals that's been expressed. I admire Toure and his writing style, which is why i'm concearned about this half written piece. In this case i totally understand Lauryns sentiments when she said "I am not available for free interviews at this time," "The only interviews I will consider are those that amply compensate me for my time, energy and story." It was signed "Ms. Hill." She asks for money, friends say, because she feels she's been exploited by the media and the record industry. DUH! you think she hasn't been exploited....if you don't then this interview is prime example of explotation at it's best.

i'm not sure what the future holds for ms. hill, but i'm sure that she has taken full steps in regaining control of her life. as for fans and writers we do tend to think "we know" the artists inside and out..most of us are guilty of this- i am, you are, they are, he is and so is she. mindfull of others is the key-also would you like someone speculating and criticizing you? check your actions-i'm checking mine.

last thing- what did bother me was the frequent association she has to a "Brother Anthony," this bothers me for some reason. Reminds me of that guy that always followed Black around in the movie CB4. talking about he was his spiritual advisor...lol! but in essence he's the spiritual pimp...pimping the shit out dude's pockets and resources. ok im done with that!

No comments: