Monday, June 16, 2003

unselfish*

for as long as i can remember i had been associated with a certain word and action. not really recognizing the effect that it had on myself and those are around me. i really didn't care or think of the consequences to this. randomly doing my own damn thang. and you know how easy it is to get caught up in your own bullshit. well it used to happen to me. everyone would tell me how i was with them and they also provided examples. i just brushed it off as something they were bitching about. yep, it was them and not me. you know it's easy to just put it on others than to look within and realize the truth. truth is i was selfish. yes that's right selfish.
Pronunciation: 'sel-fish
Function: adjective
Date: 1640
1 : concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others
2 : arising from concern with one's own welfare or advantage in disregard of others
- self·ish·ly adverb
- self·ish·ness noun

over the past 2 years i have learned many lessons in life. blessings upon blessings of knowledge, truth leads to light(forsight). the sight to see my own actions toward those that i love. realizing that i am selfish. admitting it to myself first, i was able to ask for forgiveness from the creator and i knew that my family had already forgiven.
funny thing is i recognize this behavior in others that i come in contact with. people don't really realize how selfish they are. and they pass it off as someone else's fault or mishap. until you stop and really look into your self-the cycle will continue. you get back what you put out. karma.

No comments: