Saturday, January 17, 2004

12 step program: the admittal process

just sum fun shit i posted: but in a way i'm serious...lol go figure.

peace I'm Nekaybaaw and:
I am elite. I pride myself on making those of non-elite status feel shitty and clueless about anything music like...I'm a fan of all genre's of music. My collection consists of over 8,200 pieces of music(that's vinyl and cd's). I won't get into the tapes i've collected in the earlier years.

remember like it was yesterday when the folks took me to Zayre(yes i said Zayre-and yes i'm old) to get my very OWN first piece of music. Mom and dad bought me 2 45's and a tape....Eurythmics Sweet Dreams, Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical and Evelyn Champaynge King's Get Loose tape. My prized possessions for many years. It was then I developed a deep love for singing and performing(in my bedroom at least...then).

actually i started b4 b4...I would chill in dad's ride able to over hear my dad's rotation. I would turn my lil nose up at the thought of this old guy listening to music-naw..i thought music had been my own personal discovery. As i look back it was really dad who schooled me.....I recall hearing The Stylistics, The Dramatics, Marvin Gaye.....Funkadelic, LTD, Breakwater(10cents to anycat on this board who knows this group)....Sam Cooke to Muddy Waters.

Step it up to my ears first taste of what is known as hip hop....Once I heard The Message...it was over. I managed to purchase almost every rap artists tape that came out from 83-92.

I like to lurk and wait for people to fuck up music facts just so i can call them out on it.....just to say "yoon noe shit bout dat music fool." It makes me feel good inside to know that I'm elite in some way...Although i've felt this for sometime- this is the first time i've admitted it.


*think i need a drink & smoke now.

i know i'm not alone in this..others please stand up!

No comments: