Thursday, June 03, 2004

"My patience is better, but my tolerance of lower spirts lack"

normally i like to post past conversations that i may have had thru email, notes and various other media streams.

why do i post these? not sure other than it's just another way of letting readers into my thoughts, life and cypher. so here goes another....

** disclaimer**
in no way, shape or form by posting this am i trying to be negative. this is strictly about sharing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 SURPRISE EVENTS : ERYKAH, DEAD PREZ, PRINCE, + More"

Wanna get involved or help spread the word?
Erykah Badu presents 3 nights of old fashion summertime fun! That's right, 3
SURPRISE events benefiting B.L.I.N.D., Badu's non-profit, and the Forest
Theater Development Project.
PEACE * LOVE * MUSIC
***************************************************

Monday, June, 7th, 2004 Erykah Badu Presents: Motion Sickness Monday Hosted
by Talib Kweli
W/ Special Guest Performances by:
Hydroponic Sound System
Bavu Blakes
Strange Fruit Project
D-Madness Six-2
Special performance of "the Blast, PT.2" featuring Erykah Badu
Doors at 7pm, show starts at 8pm 21+ $10, 18+ $12 at the door ID's Required,
Free Parking

******************************************! *********
Wednesday, June, 9th, 2004 Erykah Badu Presents:
Jam Sessions III FEATURING: Dead Prez, Erykah Badu, Musiq Soul Child
W/ Special Guest Performances by: Nayrok (Badu's sister),
Common Folk And rock group Monsters and Dust
Doors at 7pm, show starts at 8pm $20.00
General Admission, 18+
Tickets at the door or: 214-421-0677 ID's Required, Free Parking

***************************************************
Friday, June,11th, 2004 Erykah Badu Presents: Musicology :
"The Official Prince Tour Afterparty"
Hosted by: Erykah Badu W/ Special Guest Performances by:
A Surprise DJ and a Live Jam Session Doors at 7pm,
show starts at 8pm $20.00
General Admission 21 and over only!
ID's Required, Free Parking

***************************************************
The Black Forest Theater 1920 Martin Luther King Blvd.
(MLK & 45) Dallas, Texas 75215 214-421-0677
www.blackforesttheater.com

Produced BY: B.L.I.N.D. & Smitty INK, LTD
levatino@smitytink.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
reply 1:
and don't send me no more wack emails about(badu) with her no hosting azz self, lol


reply 2:
You know, I'm starting to dread attending functions like this. It's sad that my hometown has lost my interest. I run into the same crowds/personalities. If it were held somewhere else I might be a little more excited. I have soo moved on. My patience is better but my tolerance of lower spirts lack. I hope you have fun babe. Have an peaceful day! and thanks for the keeping in touch with events.

forward to victory

Nekay says:
funny you should say this...because it's not necessarily about the people attending these events(or the hostess)...if you feel moved to attend..by all means do! don't stop your life because your tolerance level is low. ignornance will always exsist no matter how far you cut your self off...or remove you from certain environments......

i used to be guilty of this, until i learned what patience really was. regardless of anything these are in fact my people...bound by skin tone and blood.....so i' have to be unconditional in all situations. I used to say that I was over shit too....but In that I've removed myself from so many things that I loved. and it all came down to the people...So, I had to ask myself a serious question...Was my life about me or the people around me?

coming where I come from, I think you should be proud of the progress your hometown has built. Not just your hometown, but the state as a whole. Even though people, places, thoughts and things are shady, still shouldn't lose the love.

it's all so cool. so please do you.this is just my opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i believe this is about how Badu makes people feel (now)...present day.
lol...there are few people that I know who still support this woman. trust this isn't the first email i received back about this particular thing.

so, where did the love go? lol who wants to answer this one....it's time

3 comments:

Rich Louis said...

i think feel like this about badu in many cities nowadays
cause she doesn't seem accesible" anymore and plus the "boho" crowd i think has gotten tired to some people.
heck the brooklyn scene u tend to see the same people over and over and it's blah.
but it's for a good cause right?

and badu is still a great performer

Anonymous said...

Where can we get information on Badu's non-profit organization?

Anonymous said...

this is LyRikal, don't care much for negative comments about Badu. She's doing her own thing, has her own life with her own priorities. Many things change with a new baby. Don't hate. Just appreciate all the good things that she has contributed to S. Dallas and the music industry. Remember that there are several views of the same situation, things don't always work out the way we plan and there is a time and season for all things. Blessings!